15.9.08

A Stupid America

I am incredibly indebted to my good friend Brett. Recently, he's made a good point that a lot of people don't have the time to research the issues surrounding national campaigns. While I understand that, I have a hard time allowing myself to let that slip by as an excuse for people supporting a candidate that they haven't researched.
As I connoted before, the entertainment industry and all parts of it have a great intellectual influence on America. So do the commercials that play between that entertainment.
Brett recently linked to a NYTimes Opinion article that I had also read. It highlights, indirectly perhaps, the ploys that certain politicians are doing with their own published media (read: campaign-supported commercials). It's an interesting, and, like most NYTimes OpEd's, concise read.
Link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment