10.12.08

I (wish i had) Met the Walrus

So, last Sundance Film Festival, an animated short premiered called, "I Met The Walrus." I really wanted to see it, but for those unfamiliar with the way Sundance works, shorts are grouped together in groups of 8 to 10 shorts and screened in a normal viewing time slot. I wasn't able to make one, and to be honest, it kind of faded from memory until I finally saw the short. It went on to be Academy Award-nominated, and it's definitely worth a watch (embedded here in youtube high quality for your viewing please). Don't you love shorts???

Here's Sundance's summary:
"In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan, armed with a reel-to-reel tape deck, snuck into John Lennon's hotel room in Toronto and convinced John to do an interview about peace. Using the original interview as the soundtrack, this narrative tenderly romances Lennon's every word in a cascading flood of multi-pronged animation."

2 comments:

  1. I totally love your blogs' new do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say, this animation is awesome. I think its really creative and cleaver as well as being very well put together and designed. Plus, John Lennon is always freakin' awesome.

    ReplyDelete